Study Filters and Segments
When your study has a lot of respondents, we make it easy to keep track of them. A study segment gives you the ability to create a bucket of respondents using Filters. These custom segments update every five minutes so you can easily monitor your panelists’ progress along your study pipeline. You can create custom segments within study templates so you can re-use them.
By default, there are six segments within Overview: All, To be invited, Invited, Screener Answered, Scheduled, and Paid. You can open the segments drop-down, and click the titles to view the results. Inside each one, you’ll find the panelists that satisfied the filters set.
Creating custom segments
You can create a segment with any combination of filters.
- Open the Segments dropdown, and click the + Add Segment button.
- A dialog box will pop up where you can add the name of the segment.
- Your segment will be created and added within the Segments drop-down. It saves the Filters which are currently used.
- Open your newly created segment then click the Filters button to add filters. The Filters panel will appear on the right-hand side of the screen.
- From here, you can either Add filter or Add group.
- Add filter You can add individual filters according to study participation, screener participation, answer to screener questions, or panel properties. Multiple filters can be added which can be joined by either an AND or OR operand.
- Add group Combine individual filters using either an AND or OR operand to create one group of filters. The filters you can add in a group are only according to panelist's answers to screener questions. Once created, groups can be treated as individual filters that can be joined with other filters or filter groups by using either an AND or OR operand.
- Click Save Segment once you've added all of the filters for your custom segment. You can choose to Save to current segment or Save as new segment.
Deleting custom segments
- Open the segment to be deleted.
- Click the Filters button.
- Click the three vertical dots icon from the slide-in panel.
- Select Delete Segment from the drop-down options